Nourishing the Planet in the 21st Century
Smithsonian-approved, these five STEM lessons teach plant and soil science, while using gardening to make the lessons fun, interactive, and educational. Intended for elementary science grades 3-4.
- Lesson 1: Plants Around You
- Lesson 2: Properties of Soils
- Lesson 3: Plant-Soil Interactions
- Lesson 4: Plant Growth Affects the Soil
- Lesson 5: How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Lesson Plans PDF
- Classroom Presentation Powerpoints
- Pre- and Post-Test Assessments PDF
- Flashcards Activity PDF
The Nutrients for Life Elementary Curriculum combines hands-on activities and interesting material to help teach youth about soil and nutrients that plants need to grow. I really enjoyed the activity where you put different soil types in bottles with water and you can see the various particle sizes and densities. It’s such a tremendous visual for the kids to see and apply to the concepts they are learning. There are so many great lessons and activities to use in the Elementary Curriculum.